Sunday, June 10, 2007

"When I grow up, I want to be a 7 foot bully!" The words every daddy wants to hear from his young son. Now comes a group, with more money than good sense, that wants to bring a professional basketball team to the Syracuse area and name them "The Bullies". Like most folks I talk with around Syracuse, I am totally opposed to a professional sports team named the Bullies of Syracuse. What were they thinking? However, I do not think it will be a major concern if those who oppose the name just do as I plan to do, and stay away from the Bully games in large numbers. Even if the owners are totally dense, as it appears, they will get the idea after a few games, and either change their name to something more intelligent, or the team will go the way of most bad ideas. Maybe there could be a contest for potential fans to choose a sensible name, with a prize of game tickets? Win-Win. I vote for "Syracuse Skychiefs". No one is using that name.

2 comments:

LB said...

Your blog is not working very well. I cannot see the entries.

deerjohn said...

I don't know why this blog does not show up. I have not found a way to contact anyone at blogger.com. Maybe someone can help??